LEADING DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS
Skills for Engaging When the Stakes Are High
When the stakes are high, we sometimes perform at our worst. Difficult conversations often end in frustration, disappointment and triggered emotions. Leading Difficult Conversations will change the way you confront and resolve these encounters.
Imagine having the skills to approach difficult conversations head on, yet with honesty and compassion. Conversations around poor performance, failed deliverables, customer complaints and team conflict are challenging. Our program will teach you to identify the crucial moment in high-stakes encounters. Learn to ease tensions, bring down barriers and confidently and honestly tackle critical conversations.
This workshop is about getting results and changing behavior and is packed with exercises and practice modules. Participants will work on real issues, practicing techniques in a feedback-rich learning environment.
In this program you will learn to:
– Recognize and quickly assess the degree of difficulty of a conversation
– Target the outcome by knowing what you do and don’t want from it
– Separate the facts from the story
– Look for nonverbal cues that things have gone awry
– Identify old habits that hold you back
– Reboot and restart a difficult conversation
– Focus on mutual purpose, benefit and creating a win/win
– Your organization’s EQ (Emotional Quotient) will skyrocket
– Improved organizational alignment with open, honest dialogue
– Better morale and relationships, evidenced by less passive-aggressive behavior and more trust
– Increased productivity
– Better client relationships
– Decreased workplace conflict
– More efficient meetings where people make faster, better decisions
Contact us to learn more about creating a happier, healthier workforce. GrahamComm is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.