PRESENTATION TRAINING FOR WOMEN
Present Your Ideas With Confidence, Clarity and Authenticity
Finally, a presentation course designed exclusively for female professionals! This interactive training creates a safe space to explore your stories and fears around presenting to mostly male audiences. You’ll learn how women undermine themselves in these settings. More importantly, you’ll learn specific practices and behaviors to avoid those pitfalls, so you can speak confidently and authentically.
“This is the most useful in-person training I’ve ever attended. I’m actually walking away with concrete tools to improve my communication in everyday life.”
–Wendy Bryant, HR Business Partner, OSIsoft
We help you recognize your strengths and challenges as a speaker. Then, through discussion, practice, video and in-the-moment coaching, we help you develop your own unique speaking style. The workshop is a series of learning and practice modules. We focus on a particular skill, then immediately practice that skill. This enables you to understand the concept, then to feel it in your body. Every exercise is videoed, often the most powerful (and cringe-worthy 🙂 part of the program. The result is that participants often make dramatic improvements in a short period of time. More importantly, however, is the awareness you gain regarding your presentation style. This allows you to continue to evolve and improve long after the training is over.
Our Presentation Skills Training Methodology
We use a proven methodology of learning, practice, video review, feedback and in-the-moment coaching. This helps learners increase their awareness of how they present to leverage their strengths and find their “quick wins.” What are quick wins? Essentially, the two or three skills that, if improved, will help the most. We generally see dramatic improvement, even in our one-day courses. But the real learning comes after the workshop, in meetings and presentations and client interactions.
In this Presentation Skills workshop, you’ll learn to:
1. Develop and project confidence and poise when presenting
2. Master your internal conversations to align with how you want to be perceived
3. Manage your nervousness and anxiety
4. Personally connect with your audience
5. Create and deliver engaging, influential presentations to any group
6. Convey complex and/or technical information clearly and succinctly
7. Promote audience involvement to keep people interested and focused
8. Wield PowerPoint as a valued visual aid, not a crutch
9. Use non-verbal communication that is confident, approachable and unapologetic
10. Answer challenging questions and audience pushback with calm professionalism
11. Improve your ability to lead, influence and persuade
12. Use stories and humor to increase attention and engagement
This workshop includes:
– All-female participants
– Challenging & engaging practice sessions
– Candid, thorough feedback from your instructor and fellow participants
– In-the-moment coaching
– Video review of all practice sessions
– Workbooks and take-home materials
– Small group size for maximum individual attention
– Creation of a supportive community of women to help one another continue to evolve long after the training
– Professional Development Units (PDUs) from the Professional Management Institute (PMI) (note: these must be applied for separately)
This course is led by Sarita Vasa, Head Coach and Trainer at GrahamComm, and Women’s Leadership Facilitator and Coach for Platinum Exchange. Sarita has been supporting both men and women to be the most confident versions of themselves for the past eight years, and is thrilled by the opportunity to work exclusively with women on this very important skill.
*Note: No men will be allowed in the room during this training 🙂
Contact us to learn more. GrahamComm is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.